Chapter 27

The caution taken in the imperial city had intensified under orders given from the Ghost King. All of Guangliu’s spies were to be reported and captured. All carriages, including those belonging to relatives of the royal family, needed to be inspected. As they arrived at the city gates, the fake carriage driver asked, “Master, what do we do?” “Don’t be nervous. Act normal.” His tone was steady. It seemed as though besides going pale from blood loss, his wound didn’t affect him at all. He even had enough energy to smile at Fengguang. “Do you want to ask the guards for help? I can guarantee before they can even rush here, you will already be a corpse.” Fengguang stared at him without saying anything. His mouth twitched, unamused. So Dawei (TL Note: the name of MC's country) only had one interesting woman. “Stop the carriage!” The city gate guards blocked their carriage. “Please get off the carriage for inspection.” The carriage driver gave them a smile. “Captain, this is the prime minister’s horse carriage and the one riding inside is our family’s miss.” “So it was the prime minister’s daughter. Please excuse us for our rudeness but we have orders from the Ghost King. Every carriage leaving the city must be inspected and we ask that the miss won’t make it difficult for us.” “This… Captain, my family’s miss has a cold and can’t be exposed to the wind. Can’t you be a bit flexible?” “I still need to complete my duties.” The people inside the carriage were able to hear the conversation outside. The man said in a praising tone, “So the Ghost King is very good at educating his underlings.” His hand was already grasping the sword at his waist. At this time, Fengguang spoke out. “Is this Sir Captain from the Tiger Squad?” The captain outside never anticipated that the miss would be able to name his squad and after he got over his surprise, he replied, “Yes.” “Because I was feeling unwell, I just left the palace banquet but my cousin was telling me a lot about what happened during the war. He kept praising the Tiger Squad and seeing how loyal and diligent you are to your post, I was able to guess that you were likely from the Tiger Squad. As expected, I guessed correctly.” “Might I ask who the miss’s cousin is?” “Oh, I nearly forgot to mention that I’m the daughter of the prime minister’s first wife and the Ghost King is my cousin as well as my…” Her words remained unfinished but her shyness already gave away the answer. Throughout this conversation, the man in black sitting across from Fengguang, did not see any embarrassment on her face. Now that she mentioned it, the captain finally remembered that the emperor had bestowed an engagement for a wedding. Dawei’s top beauty matched with the brave war-god, the Ghost King was definitely a good story to tell but because the Ghost King was known for being ruthless and cold-hearted on the battlefield, everyone nearly forgot he had a fiancee. “Originally, I planned to leave the city to rest at the monastery for a few days. Captain, you are so dedicated to your duties, I shouldn’t make it hard for you. I can get off the carriage but I only hope my illness doesn’t spread to you, Captain.” “No, no, no… The miss’s health is the most important so it’s fine.” “Then, thank you, Captain.” The voice of gratitude coming from the carriage sounded weak and breathless. The prime minister’s daughter’s illness must be quite severe. The horse carriage continued onwards, leaving behind the city gates, until finally, not even a glimpse of a shadow could be seen. The man amusedly said, “So you’re the Ghost King’s cousin and also his fiancee. Who would have guessed?” “Those are indeed my titles however the Ghost King is more interested in commanding armies for battle than he is in me.” So stop that glimmer in your eyes. “I seem to recall that in the banquet, you hadn’t said a single word to the Ghost King.” So he really did go to the palace! The capturing-the-spy events likely happened after she left.


Translator's Note:


I wanted to mention there is a small chance this blogsite may go down for copyright issues but I'm not 100% if it will or when. Crossed fingers for staying up. I'm looking into other options for posting but we'll have to see. If I change sites, I'll still update the links on NovelUpdates^


Happy Friday~!


Previous Chapter                        ToC                Next Chapter  

Comments

  1. Please continue to update.. we ll follow you to whatever site you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed you keep uploading I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does, like other readers I'll follow you.

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll follow you wherever you go! Thanks for updating :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Contents

Chapter 28